I know that you have all heard about Pastor Chuck and the medical issues he is currently facing. There have been a number of e-mails, some of which have incorrect information, so I wanted to share with you the information we currently have. Pastor Chuck announced at last Sunday Morning’s services that he has been diagnosed with lung cancer. There is a tumor in the middle lobe of his right lung.
Pastor Chuck is having a biopsy today and is scheduled for a body and brain scan tomorrow. He will then meet with the doctor on Thursday to discuss the results and a plan of action.
I know that I don’t need to tell you to pray, but some specific things that you may want to include in your prayers are:
– Pray for wisdom for the Doctors as they do the biopsy and set up a plan of treatment for him.
– Pray that the Lord will give Pastor Chuck and the family total peace as we know Pastor Chuck trusts Him completely and is able to put himself totally in His loving, merciful and healing hands.
– Pray for Kay, as this will be a very difficult time for her.
– Pray for the family and all who will be coming alongside Pastor Chuck during this time.
– Pray for wisdom, gentleness and kindness from all of the Doctors, Nurses, Technicians, Dietitian’s and anyone involved, in any way, during his hospital stay; as they care for and interact with Pastor Chuck. And, that they see the light and love of Jesus coming forth from him.
– Pray for a miraculous healing. We know that the Lord can heal this situation in a moment.
K.P. Yohannon has told us that tens of thousands of people are praying in India today. They have cleared everything from their prayer lists in order to devote today to pray for Pastor Chuck. Let’s commit to being prayer warriors and getting our churches to fervently pray during this time. We know that “the effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much.” James 5:16