I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service. 2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God. ROMANS 12:1, 2
I can’t believe it’s already been three years!!! When I look at how we’ve grown as a Church I’m reminded that Worship Life Calvary Chapel of San Clemente really is a work of the Spirit and God is the one building His Church. As we celebrate three years of faithful ministry in San Clemente. I want to give us a few things to think about.
1. Enjoy what God has done. Let’s take this time and truly enjoy the work of the Lord. It’s truly His Work and it’s totally appropriate to stand back in AWE and say THANK YOU JESUS.
2. Remember what God has said. Our theme verse for our church is Romans 12:1,2. Let’s not forget that God started Worship Life to be a place where people could present themselves to be used by God. That we are a healing place for minds to be renewed and transformation to occur.
3. Share in what God is doing. We are co-laborers together with Christ. I can’t imagine any better place to be than working alongside of our Lord. That means you need to be involved if you want the blessing of co-laboring with Christ. We all need each other. There are no lone rangers in the Body of Christ.
4. Celebrate the gifts that God has given. By gifts I don’t mean the kind you unwrap at Christmas. By gifts I mean the people who serve in leadership. Our staff ministers, our leadership and board and especially our Pastors. The Bible tells us to be careful that we don’t bite and devour each other with our words… rather we are to build each other up and think the best… in other words… CELEBRATE.
5. Invite others to encounter God at Worship Life. I love what God is doing at Worship Life and I don’t want to be selfish with it. I want everyone I know to experience it for themselves. Don’t you? Statistics show that 70% of your friends, neighbors and co-workers will come to church if you invite them and the percentage is higher is you pick them up and bring them. Pray, Invite, Bring.
I’m so looking forward to the next season of ministry at Worship Life Calvary Chapel of San Clemente. As I often say, I don’t have a plan B… I only have a plan A and Worship Life is it. So let’s not be dismayed or afraid… let’s do it. Let’s allow God to use us as instruments in His hands to build His church. We need every single one of you. If you’re mad about something. Get over it and put your hand to the plow. If you’re hurting or struggling. Call for help and let us come around you and support you through love and prayer. If you’re happy. Tell everyone you know about the hope that is in you and bring them to church so they can experience it too.
Looking forward to seeing what the Holy Spirit will do through you and I as His willing vessels.