Pray For Our Cultural Leaders
14 For this reason I bow my knees to the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,[c] 15 from whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named, 16 that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with might through His Spirit in the inner man, 17 that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; that you, being rooted and grounded in love, 18 may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the width and length and depth and height— 19 to know the love of Christ which passes knowledge; that you may be filled with all the fullness of God. Ephesians 3:14-19 NKJV
God has been speaking to me about cultural leaders. Those who are in the public eye and who have been entrusted to our local churches. For many, it’s hard to see past the star status that comes with their jobs. Having come from the entertainment industry, I understand the expectations, the loneliness, the incredible pressure and the intense battle that cultural leaders face everyday. I want to invite you to join me in praying for our cultural leaders. Athletes, Film Makers, Actors, Actresses, Musicians, News Anchors, Comedians, Songwriters, Authors, Singers, Politicians, anyone in the public eye. God is raising them up as voices, icons and to some as idols because they have been given the tremendous opportunity to stand on a platform in front of thousands of people. They have a message. They are a voice for those who have no voice. But they also have a daily choice to make, to surrender the platform they’ve been given back to Jesus. If they don’t, their message becomes polluted by the influence of the world. It doesn’t mean they are not called and gifted by God. It simply means they have not surrendered their gift to God to be used for His glory.
Here is a list of 7 practical things you can pray for:
- Pray that God will give you a heart to love them like they are family.
- Pray for God to reveal His love and grace to them in tangible ways.
- Pray that they will use their platform to point people to Jesus.
- Pray that God will give them wisdom in their daily lives.
- Pray that God will give them strength to stand for Jesus in the face of idolatry, immorality, greed and selfish ambition.
- Pray that God will empower them with the Holy Spirit to be a godly influence.
- Pray that God will protect their marriages and their families.
Remember, they are people who need Jesus. They are just like you and I, only their successes and failures are on public display. Rather than join the media voices who praise and criticize them, join the heavenly voices interceding for them.
Roxie and I love you!!!